Sunday, March 26, 2006

First TGA Tour Event

I played my first TGA golf tournament at Belmont Golf Club in Richmond, Virginia. We played on Saturday 3-25-2006. Although the tournament was run very well, my game was not. Let's just say it was probably my worst round I've played in Virginia.

The temperature was about 48 degrees with some wind now and then..mostly now. It was cloudy with a 30% chance of rain. I have played Belmont about 4 times and I have never played on greens this fast. It was probably 12 on the stimp meter, if not more. The greens were hard and nothing was holding. I couldn't even get anything to check.

Needless to say, putting was very difficult. I think I had 5 three putts! I don't think I have ever had that many. I had and eagle putt on #9 and three-putted for 5.

Well I didn't finish in the money, but I did manage to win $150 on side bets. I won a Gross Skin and a Closest to the Pin on #13.

Since it was my first tournament with TGA, I think I had other mental thoughts on my mind instead of playing my game. Now that I thought about it, I really wasn't concentrating on my game. I just kind of fished around the course. However, I managed to make 3 birdies. One of my playing parters, Paul, eagled #10 from the sand trap. Our highlight of the day. Good shot Paul! Needless to say, he won the skin for that hole.

Now that I have started this Tour, watch out guys because I am coming in full board on future tournaments. I will eventually win one or more, or at least be in the top ten.

I'd like to thank Dennis Baca; president of TGA, and the staff for welcoming me to the tournament. See you all on the links. Shoot Well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home